Want to build upon your experience and gain valuable insight into the cannabis industry?
Are you 21+ with a valid ID, and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and looking for an internship?
Rooted In is looking for an intern for the semester, and we want you to apply!
The role of the Rooted In Marketing Intern would be to assist in the overall growth and development of the marketing department as well as all related projects and tasks. You will work closely with the retail and inventory teams as well as other team members.
This role is a paid internship. $15 per hour plus credit, if applicable.
Rooted In is a BIPOC, locally owned and operated boutique dispensary located on Newbury Street in Boston.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our startup team.
Want to build upon your experience and gain valuable insight into the cannabis industry? Are you 21+ with a valid ID, and currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and looking for an internship?
It will be an exciting role and opportunity as you assist in building out this new program for future internships. This program will allow you to acquire marketing skills, hands-on experience, and training in the exciting new cannabis industry.
The right candidate values a strong work ethic and approaches interdepartmental collaboration with a customer service mindset. This is a great environment for a self-starter to find new ways to help achieve our goals. Our growth plans include focusing on our Newbury boutique, collaborations, and partnerships, and continuing to establish our brand throughout Boston and beyond.
This role would be a hybrid position. Specific responsibilities will be dependent on the location and availability of the candidate each week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Internship role include but not limited to;
- Assist in execution of all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities
- Assist in product launch events, media and partner programs
- A key player in coordination and execution of events, in-store activities, conventions and grassroots community initiatives
- Monitor and manage digital relevance and listings
- Ensure company information is consistent and updated across all digital platforms
- Assist in the development of guidance documents and step-by-steps to create standard operating producers
- Help with retail, vendor, and partner collateral delivery and support partners with requests as needed
- Create marketing materials, cross-functional activities and tactics to deliver messaging and communications to retail customers and wholesale partners
- Work to build customer survey evaluation program
- Assist in the collection of quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Collect data and usage metrics to evaluate launch
- Supporting the marketing team in weekly administrative tasks
- Other duties as required and may be assigned
- Are looking to expand your knowledge and experience within Marketing, Events, Cannabis
- You enjoy working in a face paced, start-up environment
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in both formal and informal settings.
- You have strong collaboration, organizational, and analytical focus, and are familiar with Google programs
- Currently enrolled in a school or university and are looking to gain more hands-on experience through an internship
- Outgoing/positive attitude
- Time management skills
- 15+ available hours per week
- 21+ plus with valid ID
Note: Rooted job descriptions are not all-inclusive. Employees may be expected to perform other duties and tasks as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the business, that are not specifically listed above.
Rooted is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We fully embrace as well as encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, language, nationality, physical or mental capabilities or disabilities, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and any and all other characteristics or traits that make each individual unique.